Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Long Gone

                                                       

Here's an landscape I have done before and one I used this spring for my students to paint as a fresh challenge  . I often have them paint from images that  I am working on in the studio, I find it helps to be personally involved with  a subject  before I one can truly teach others how to paint the scene. The image is one of a couple of  abandoned fishing shacks on a very secluded road near Tuckahoe NJ.
             
                                                                      " Long Gone" Oil on Panel 10 inches x 20 inches

 It no longer exists and was torn down years ago hence the name "Long Gone". I never had any photos of the scene just a small thumbnail water color study which gave me all the information I needed to create the painting. I will probably do this scene over and over again in my lifetime for the simple reason that every time I look at it I see something new .

1 comment:

  1. Lovely picture. I might try this on my own.....Thanks

    ReplyDelete